Let's Talk 2e! Conferences
Online conference for parents, educators, and clinicians
Join me, Julie Skolnick, 2e expert as I host fellow thought leaders in presenting research-based presentations on issues affecting the twice-exceptional population. Parents, educators, and clinicians are empowered to implement strategies in their homes, classrooms and with clients. Join us for a conference, not just a conversation.
Tools to Educate and Empower You on Your 2e Journey
Get research-based strategies from gifted and 2e experts.
Gain a better understanding of the 2e child or student.
Feel more confident about helping your child or student thrive.
We’ve been hosting online conferences well before the Covid-19 Pandemic. Parents appreciate not having to leave home or pay for lodging, meals and travel. Educators appreciate continuity in their classroom since they don’t miss work, and can still earn credits and attendance certificates. Clinicians avoid rescheduling precious time with clients.
Our conference speakers are all experts in the many aspects of giftedness and twice exceptionality. Their presentations are research-based and the strategies they share can be implemented NOW. We offer gifted and 2e resources in our Exhibitor Hall featuring products, services and schools you want to know about. Gain access to them all as part of the conference!
The Let’s Talk 2e! virtual conference is for parents, educators, and clinicians to learn how to reach and teach 2e learners. Renowned experts and thought leaders present research-based sessions on topics like: emotion regulation, social thinking, trauma, learning styles, classroom regulation, teaching strategies, and more. As a conference, not just a conversation, Let’s Talk 2e! provides durable take-aways and tools you can apply TODAY in your home, classroom or clinical office.
What Attendees Are Saying About this Annual Conference
Choose your 2e conference
Let's Talk 2e! 2020
- OPENING KEYNOTE: Understanding and Managing Transitions for Twice Exceptional Kids, with Julie Skolnick, M.A., J.D.
- A Lens into Neurodiversity– In and Out of the Classroom, with Nicole Tetreault, Ph.D.
- A Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician's Approach to The 2E Child and Adolescent, with Roby Marcou, M.D.
- What me organized? It's a matter of style, with Susan Baum, Ph.D.
- Beyond "Full Potential": Reconsidering What Success Means for 2e Children, with Colin Seale
- Technology to the Rescue: 10 Tech Treasures to Help 2E Students Thrive!, with Joan Green, M.A. CCC-SLP
- A Revolutionary Technique for Stress-free and Pain-free Living, with Bev Nerenberg
- Nurturing the Invisible 3E Learner: Black, Gifted & Twice-Exceptional, with Joy Lawson Davis, Ed.D.
- Conversations and Questions: Key to Parent/Teacher/Student Communication, with Robin Schader, Ph.D.
- Now what...now where? When your 2e Child Needs Help Away from Home, with Heidi Molbak, M.S., NCC, CEP
- Homeschooling Gifted or Twice Exceptional Child, with Kasi Ann Peters, MT-BC
- Twice-Exceptionality: The Intersection of Autism and Giftedness, with Megan Foley Nicpon, Ph.D., Katie Schabilion, Ph.D., and Alissa Doobay, Ph.D.
- Polyvagal Theory and the Science of Connection, with Autum Romano, LMT, CNMT, RM
- Preparing Your 2e Child for a Successful Life: Focusing on What Matters, with Dan Peters, Ph.D.
- “Gifted & ____”: Combating Victimization of Gifted Students with Other Exceptionalities, with Kristina Collins, Ph.D., Ed.S.
- The Way of the Sensitive - How Spiritual Giftedness Impacts Life Experiences, with Dianne A. Allen, MA, CAP, CET
- Engaging 21st Century Learners, with Joseph Olan, Ed.D.
- This Isn't How We Did Math When I Went To School, with Dr. Rachel McAnallen, Ph.D.
- GETTING TO KNOW YOU: Trauma, Empowerment, and Giftedness, with Marc Smolowitz
2 Days of 2e 2019
- Opening Keynote: Understanding and Addressing Emotion Regulation in 2e Children, with Julie Skolnick, M.A., J.D.
- Gifted Physiology: How OE’s and Gifted Differences are Better Understood by Taking a Whole Body Approach, with Joanna Haase, Ph.D., MFT
- Finding Balance: Teaching 2e Students to be Self-Regulated, with Dr. Richard M. Cash, Ed.D.
- Understanding and Managing Asynchronous Development, with Paul Beljan,Psy.D., ABPdN, ABN
- Supporting the Success of Culturally Diverse 2E Students, with Renae D. Mayes, PhD, NCC
- Using Visual Metaphor to Teach 2e Learners — Don Ambrose, PhD
- Creating a Secure World for 2e Kids — Deborah Reber, M.A.
- Non-Linear Thinkers in a Linear World — Josh Shaine
- Gifted at Work: Different Profiles, Different Challenges — Femke Hovinga, M.A.
- Uncovering the Social Mind of Tweens & Teens — Maria Johnson, M.A. CCC-SLP
- Looking at 2e Through a Developmental Trauma Lens — Greg Burnham, M.S., LMFT
- Beyond Classification — LeDerick R. Horne
2 Days of 2e 2018
- Strategies for Home and Classroom — Julie Skolnick, M.A., J.D.
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses — Ed Amend, Psy.D.
- Gifted and 2e Identification — Stephen Chou, Psy.D.
- Strength-Based & Talent-Focused Approach Susan Baum, Ph.D. — Robin Schader, Ph.D
- Anxiety — Dan Peters, Ph.D.
- Perfectionism — Lisa Van Gemert, M.Ed.T.
- Underachievement — Donna Y. Ford, Ph.D.
- Schoolwide Enrichment & Talent Development — Joe Renzulli, Ed.D., Sally Reis, Ph.D.
- Academic Advocacy — Bobbie Gilman, M.S.
- Inspirational Closing Keynote — Jonathan Mooney
Supported by the 2e community
Some of our awesome sponsors
MEET YOUR CONFERENCE HOST
I’m delighted you are joining me at our virtual conference. I adore presenting in person — the buzz in the room is phenomenal — but I realize not everyone can afford to pay for what in-person conferences require; high registration rates, travel, lodging, food and absence from family and work. I make every effort to reinvent the conference feel — we are a Conference, NOT a conversation.
When interviewing prospective speakers there are two things I never compromise: their gifted and 2e expertise and their ability to engage a virtual audience.
I always want my conferences relevant for the audience. You’ll find our 2018 and 2019 conferences were for all audiences. In 2020 we pivoted to creating two separate strands; one for parents and one for educators (both relevant for clinicians). You’ll note our overall themes include heavy strategies to implement in your home, classroom or practice NOW. Topics are based on burning questions and issues from my clients and Let’s Talk 2e! membership. I always include strategies for self-care and strengthening resilience for yourself and the 2e child in your life.
Living with and working with gifted and 2e children requires outside education, support and guidance. Let’s Talk 2e! brings us together to offer just that.
Get the Details
Read session descriptions, speaker bios, and gain access to each conference
Are you an excellent resource (school, service or product) for the 2e community?
Want to exhibit at Let’s Talk 2e! virtual conference? Learn more here.